With your help we will ensure that every child experiences the best possible care. Please donate today.
I’d like to give…
Supporting children at Addenbrooke’s
With your help we want to ensure that every child experiences the best possible care. We want to make the hospital experience as positive and worry free as it can be – whether by providing specialist play and music therapy, improving surgical and diagnostic tools to help children recover better, or offering therapeutic support to the whole family when they need it most. To do this and more, we are planning to build a new, state-of-the-art dedicated children’s hospital.
You have already helped fund:
- Lifesaving kit for a new children’s emergency ambulance service (launched April 2021). The Eastern region has been the only region without dedicated ambulances for transferring critically ill younger people and has had to rely on services outside the region.
- A dedicated family therapist to support families as an entire unit, delivering a holistic approach to family mental health and emotional well-being – wherever they are based, wherever they have been treated in the hospital and whatever the circumstances.
- The refurbishment of the Paediatric Day Unit which cares for over 6,000 children with cancer and haematological cancer every year
- An MRI compatible incubator to provide excellent quality MRI scans for critically ill babies.
- Play therapy to make hospital a less scary place for our younger patients
- Sensory units to help provide a calming environment for children
Cambridge Children’s Hospital
Over the next few years, we will be fundraising to build the new Cambridge Children’s Hospital. It will be the first dedicated children’s hospital in the eastern region. Cambridge Children’s Hospital will be situated on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus and will provide a whole new way of caring for children and young people, integrating mental and physical healthcare and having a life-changing impact on children regionally, nationally and globally.
Exceptional care will be underpinned by world-leading research from the University of Cambridge, with a 5,000sqm research institute embedded in the hospital, bringing together clinical and academic excellence.
The Research Institute will integrate cutting-edge treatments and technology to not just treat diseases, but prevent them completely.
The Government has committed £100 million to the pioneering project, and ACT, together with Head to Toe charity and the University of Cambridge announced a campaign in 2021 to raise a further £100 million in philanthropy and fundraising to make our vision a reality.
You can read more about our vision for this transformational hospital at www.cambridgechildrens.org.uk.
If you are interested in being part of this once in a lifetime journey, donate above, contact Patrick Hawke-Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 609243.
Return to campaigns & appeals